waffle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Server, the Future of SeeAgain, and Monetization

Go down

A New Server, the Future of SeeAgain, and Monetization Empty A New Server, the Future of SeeAgain, and Monetization

Post by im_a_waffle1 Thu May 27, 2021 9:39 pm

A New Server, the Future of SeeAgain, and Server Monetization

So, it's obvious that there's been a lull in SeeAgain development currently. This has happened before and it most definitely will happen again. I do believe that these forums will help me get back into development for the server, but that's an issue for another post. Today we'll be discussing the future of SeeAgain and a new server that is going to enter development soon. We will also be discussing monetization of the server, discord, and these forums at the bottom of the post, so stick around and read the whole thing! Very Happy

The Future of SeeAgain

The first point on this post is going to be the future of SeeAgain development. While I can say 100% that development on SeeAgain is not going to be completely canceled there will be slow points in development like right now, and I'm making a new system for updates while I work on the new server. The new system of updates will go like this:

• Longer development times- There will be no daily updates, at least that are planned, in the future like there were back in late-April and early-May.
  • More content- Quality over quantity. Minor features like levels-top would be bundled in with more feature-heavy (and development-heavy) updates like item rarity, clans, chatreact, etc. Any minor updates that are added between major updates would either be added with a 3rd number on the version number (ex: 1.3.2) or a 4th (ex: 1.3.4.2)
  • Possible downtime near update releases- A lot of the updates we have planned require server downtime like a shop redesign, housing, item rarities, etc. Expect server downtime to happen.

And that's pretty much it. I'll be shooting for preferably 1 update per week although at least 2 updates per month if I'm getting a little burnt out of updating. Keep reading! There's still more to see Smile

A New Server

This is probably what you clicked for. Yes, there is a new server in the works. I'm not going to tell you much right now but I can confirm that it will NOT be a Skymine/MinePvP server and it will NOT have See or MineIt branding in the name.

All aboard the hype train, and you can guess what the mystery server will be in the mystery server discussion forum.

Monetization

Most of you have probably clicked away by now, but if you haven't, we're going to talk about the monetization of the server and how we're going to slightly nudge you to give us your money Smile

So right now I know there will be a VIP rank. I'm not sure about any other ranks but I know there will be a VIP rank. This VIP rank will have benefits like getting the premium mine- which was what the premium mine was originally intended for- and some cosmetic items only available to VIPs like getting the head of some random player from Romania that's obsessed with maple syrup... sounds familiar. There will be benefits on the discord like VIP-only channels and here on the forums like a VIP-only forum.

In reference with the new server, yes, you will have to buy ranks again on it if you have bought one on SeeAgain due to the wildly varying premises between the two servers. However, this decision may change between now and the new server's release. We'll keep you updated.

Anyways, thanks for staying here for so long and happy mining!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
im_a_waffle1
im_a_waffle1
Admin

Cheems : 2209

https://misg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down